Find the information you need to navigate our online programs.
Bethel requires you to fill out our online application. Additional materials you need to submit vary depending on your level of study and specific academic program. Common requirements include:
- Official transcripts
- Placement test scores (taken through our college)
- Letters of recommendation
- Any current licenses you hold relevant to your area of study
Bethel’s online programs consist of the following:
- Weekly sessions that require about 15 hours of commitment each week
- Discussion forums that provide critical interaction between you, your instructor, and your classmates.
- Course information that is delivered through our website (as text, video, audio, and Powerpoint slides). This information might be presented as an interactive simulation, a short video lecture, or reading from assigned textbook.
The online format is ideal for students who may not be able to commit to a traditional college learning format. A number of our programs are offered in a 100 percent digital format. However, some programs simply cannot be taught without a hands-on component, such as our B.S. in Behavioral and Social Science. In these cases, course requirements are a mix of online and on-ground work.
Bethel is proud to offer six start dates per year, giving you the flexibility to begin classes on your schedule. Please refer to the Academic Calendar for specific dates.
Online students are exceptionally self-motivated. They demonstrate determination, discipline, and a willingness to fulfill their commitments. Be prepared to devote a significant amount of time each week to your classes. Engage in discussion, meet your deadlines, and communicate with your advisor if you have questions or concerns. These habits will help you move successfully through our programs.
- Welcoming Bethel University Alumni
- Admission Process
- Academic Calendar
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Transfer Credits